Saturday, December 21, 2013

Merry Christmas from the Cuddle Quilter

Just a quick note to thank you all for your wonderful words of well wishes as I mend. There were lots of smiles here as I read your comments and emails. I am still on a thrice daily regime of exercises and a whole lot of decreased activity in my sewing room...argh. Thankfully my "rotary cutting" elbow is on the mend, slowly but surely, bit by bit. Move over tennis and golf elbows...the quilters are here too! Although I can not comment on your blogs due to my one-fingered typing, I am reading them and loving to see what you all have been up to. It is especially fun at Christmas and my "to-do" list grows every day because of your creations!

Under the advice of my health "team", my sewing, quilting, and iPadding activities are still very reduced, with no more than ten minutes at a time, a couple of times a day. Sad face, with no quilty projects to show you. Instead, I thought I would leave you with a Ho! Ho! Ho! and wishes for a Merry Christmas from my wooden Santa and quilt that I first wrote about HERE.



A quick thanks to Karen of KaHolly...she made me the most beautiful Christmas notecards using this image taken right from my blog. 


She sent them to me right before she began her trek to the US. Enjoy the warm weather in Texas, my friend!

Another wonderful blog friend, Linda of Scrapmaster, sent me a lovely Santa postcard...she knows how much I love Santas! Thank you so much, Linda, I hope these Santas will share many Christmases with us!


Yet another thanks goes out to my dear friend from PH. We met for lunch today and she gifted me with an adorable ceramic Santa to add to my collection. He is the tall Santa holding the little tree and has the most welcoming smile. I think he fits very well beside some of his colleagues!


I also want to send thanks to Jenny and Clara, a mother-daughter team who blog at Clover and Violet. I won a giveaway of theirs recently. The prize was a very generous $50 gift certificate that they purchased for me from Southern Fabric.  The fabric treasures have already arrived, just waiting for a healthier arm! 

My ten minutes is now up (actually, it took me two days of several ten-minute segments to write this...I am trying to be good, really I am...) Merry Christmas to all and see you in the New Year!

It's a great day for quilting...for some of you...giggle!

29 comments:

  1. Take care of that arm and heal quickly, my friend. I know how much you're missing your sewing/quilting time.

    Love those Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are on the mend! Poor YOU!! Just sit back and let everyone wait on you...and try to have a Merry Christmas...sure hope you can unwrap your gifts!! :o))
    big HUG!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep your rest regiment as we want you back healthy. Merry Christmas and Seasons Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting better. Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. A broken wing is no fun. I had no idea! Just now catching up in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are mending!! Merry Christmas!! Glad you received your fabric, hope it helped cheer you a little!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read your blog again and learn you are doing a bit better. Hope things continue and that you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you're getting better...albeit so very slowly! You are very welcome, by the way!! Thanks for the note. What a nice surprise to receive actual mail. In a mailbox. Delivered by a postman!! It made my day. You'll be hearing from me soon. Have a very merry Christmas!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful to see your post. I hope you continue to mend and have a wonderful Christmas. I love the gifts from your friends and the story about Quilter Mum and Shopping Mum is so lovely.Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on overdue blog reading... so sorry to hear about your elbow. Listen to your "health team" even though it will be hard to ignore the joy that a needle and thread can bring to you! Enjoy the holidays... looking forward to lots of exciting news from you in 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to go back and figure out where I missed about what was happening with your arm. So sorry you are restricted from your love of quilting. Hopefully your efforts to be so good will be rewarded with a quick recovery so you can return to your sewing machine. Merry Christmas, Lesley, and a healthy happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on the mend! Keep being a good girl and your sewing days are sure to return. Have a wonderful Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am proud of you for being so good. That isn't always easy, is it? : )
    Love the story of your wooden Santa (He makes a lovely card, BTW). What a sweet treasure--and a smart friend to encourage you to save your pennies to reach your goal!
    Take care, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you are recovering. I've just thought of a possible up-side to all this - someone else might have to do all the Christmas cooking/washing up/housework/etc so that you can use your 10 minute exercise times to unwrap presents/lift a glass/etc.

    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so nice to hear from you and I'm glad to hear that you are healing, slow that it is. I too am proud of you for listening to the professionals and doing (or not doing as the case may be) what you are supposed to. Have a very Merry Christmas and we'll "see" you when you are 100% and ready to sew up a storm again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lesley
    Glad to hear you are slowly on the mend, your fabric and patterns will be waiting for you,
    Wishing you a happy Christmas and a wonderful 2014!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy dance to see a post from you and sew good to hear you are feeling better. Take your time and follow your regime. Merry Christmas, and congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a speedy recover.Do as the Dr.s say even though they don't know we quilters go through witndrawal when we are away from quilting. Go to your sewing room and run your hand across your fabrics every now and then it may help. LOL









    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas Lesley and so glad to hear the exercises are doing the job and you are starting to heal . Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes,so glad that your exercises are helping. You will be back in business in no time. Take care and enjoy Merry Christmas! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are soon healed and can get back to your quilt room. I have enjoyed reading your blog this year and would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds as though you are following instructions and also taking care of you! Always enjoy your post.

    Merry Christmas to you Lesley and you love ones.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get better soon ! Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you're being a good patient and following orders so you can get back to sewing. I hope Santa was good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    I am pleased to read that you are recovering well, but sad about your limited sewing.
    We are back from a lovely break having a beach Christmas. Ready to catch up on lots of blogs again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to another year of seeing all your wonderful sewing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!