Sunday, January 12, 2014

Slow Sunday Stiching, and Monday, and Tuesday, and so on...

What a great day to sit in my quilting chair, watch a movie, and do a little hand stitching. I have a couple of projects I have been working on, for just a few minutes a day, and am finally seeing some progress. Today I am linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for her "Slow Sunday Stitching" link. 

One of my hand stitching projects is "Warm Winter Blessings", a wool applique wall hanging designed by Lisa Bongean. My heart goes out to Lisa of Primitive Gatherings and her family who suffered a terrible loss over the holiday. Many prayers sent to Lisa and her family.  

I purchased this pattern quite awhile ago, waiting for a good time to start. With all this winter weather, it is definitely a good time for a snowman! I worked on snowman one...



and all I have left to do is to add some snowflakes to the sky. I also prepped snowman two...




Seems like I may be "crossing over" from Santas to snowmen, but I can certainly see the appeal. Lisa's snowmen are adorable!

With my Santas taking a rest, I also decided it was time to add some redwork angels to my Christmas decorations. I googled "Redwork Angel Patterns" and found this delightful quilt pattern designed by Beth Ritter. She has her angel designed for every month.



It is available online at her Etsy shop, Wellington House Design. I love PDF files. With just a few clicks, the pattern was being printed out on my home computer and I was ready to start.

Not sure why, but I started with the December angel and am working backwards. 


My goal is to do two blocks a month and with my "slow everyday stitching", I still managed to finish my January goals. I think December will be my favorite...



But I do like November too!




So off I go to my quilting chair. It's a great day for quilting!


27 comments:

  1. Love your snowmen!! We definitely seem to be on the same wavelength today!! Enjoy your stitching! Deb (debraharryquilts.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowmen and the redwork angels! Some day I'm going to do a redwork quilt. I didn't know about Lisa's son. :( Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful projects you have going! I want to do a crazy quilt that adds some embroidery patches maybe this is the way I can do this, start with the embroidered patches. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that you can still progress toward your goals while you continue to heal. I have prepped a few items for handwork so that I will feel like I am not being totally lazy while cheering on our athletes at Socchi. I did this for the Vancouver games and was so pleased to have a completed project by the time the games closed. Armchair athletics, the Olympics and handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your angel redwork. What a beautiful design. Primitive Gatherings' designs are always so sweet, as well. Very cute smowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be a magic quilting chair! You are getting a lot done... so there is a good side to recuperation! And you can't go wrong with snowmen or angels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wool snowmen, and those angels are simply adorable . Nice to see you working again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both projects, but the angels are so delicate with their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute snowmen and the angels are lovely too~!
    you are going to be doing lots of slow stitching but it looks like you're already making great progress.

    happy slow sunday stitching.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute projects, good to see the slow stitching working for you, you seem to be getting through a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny when you go through a trying time in life at how much more angels mean. What I'm saying is I've always liked angels but as of late they REALLY catch my eye and are even more heartfelt. Today, after seeing these you are stitching my heart had an extra little beat .... Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the snowman kit, but have yet to crack it open. Maybe this will inspire me--after I get a few UFOs knocked off the list. : )
    Sweet, sweet angel patterns. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your redwork Angels...they are SO beautiful!
    Your snowman block is turning out darling. Another wonderful BOM project.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not used wool before.
    I might have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you love Santa's but your snowmen are so cute. I also just love your redwork. You are one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't those snowmen just so cute? You're going to have two great quilts there and your elbow's sure to get better with snowmen and angels watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snowmen and redwork. What a perfect life. Great to see you stitching away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too love the angels and their simplicity. Enjoy working on the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love redwork, and your angels are so darn cute!!! And I'm a confirmed snowman lover :) They just steal my heart every time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your projects are sweet, esp. the angel redwork! Glad you are able to do more and more! Hope you continue to make progress! I can't believe how much you've accomplished with your 'slow stitching'. Stay warm and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Snowmen are fun to keep out all winter! So, it's a great project to be working on! Maybe it will even help bring some winter weather to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling snowman, Lesley! I just LOVE your angel pattern! Stichery combined with quilting is my absolute favorite thing to do!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your slow Sunday!!! wonerful stitcheries

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are sooo tempting me with the angel blocks... just love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!