I spent this week in my sewing corner with a quilt project I had started quite some time ago. The joy of picking up this UFO is that some of the cutting was already done. A few more sessions and I had produced a pumpkin patch quilt top which I am calling, "If Pumpkins Grew on Trees".
As with many of my quilt projects, I spent some time drawing diagonal lines on my little squares and I quickly progressed to chain sewing.
Once I had my 25 pumpkins, I sorted them into pumpkin piles.
Then it was a matter of sewing on the leaves.
Did you notice the pattern I used? It is called "Fresh Squeezed" and was designed by Amber and on sale through her blog at A Little Bit Biased.
I couldn't resist turning these lemons into pumpkins and decided to keep the leaves rather than change the design into stems. Hence the name, "If Pumpkins Grew on Trees". I also see an apple quilt in the future
I adapted the size of the quilt, preferring to stay with one narrow green border. The finished size will be about 36" x 43".
The next step is to determine how to quilt my pumpkins.
Because of the size, I should be able to manage quilting it myself by machine. Perhaps I'll do my favorite cross hatch design, or maybe some echo quilting in and around the pumpkins. Only time will tell. For now, I will leave the pumpkins growing in the garden...
It's a great day for quilting!